Monday, July 18, 2011

Steam Cod Fish with Garlic

Cod fish is another of my favourite fish. It is pretty expensive but I will still buy this on alternate weeks. The fish oil from cod fish is better than salmon. My mum always cook this fish every week. Most of the time she steam it with soya sauce, ginger. I bought some sauce for steaming fish here when I first came to Houston. My sis sent me some more such sauce last year. During my last visit back to Singapore, my dearest colleague Mandy specially drove to buy 广祥泰's steam fish sauce for me. Thanks Mandy very touched!!  Therefore, I always steam cod fish cos it's the easiest way and fail proof haha!

Recently I came across this recipe which uses garlic to steam fish. The thought of garlic taste when I bite into the fish and the sauce also full of the garlic, I tell myself I must try this dish! I just love garlic! 

Ingredients:
1) Cod Fish
2) 8 garlic cloves minced but not too finely.
3) 1/2 packet of 广祥泰's steam fish sauce (or you can use soya sauce)
4) 2 tablespoon of water
5) Some olive oil

Steps:
1) Put aside half the portion of garlic. For the rest of the garlic, put them on the baking tray and toss them with olive oil. Spread them out in the tray and put them in a preheated oven (around 200 degree C) for around 10 to 15 minutes. You must keep a look out once it reached 10 minutes to see if they are turning brown and not burnt. Like mine it is a bit burnt this time so next time I must really keep a look out. You have to take out the tray to toss the garlic around half way through the cooking. Once it is done scoop them out and set aside. Baking the garlic makes it less oily and therefore more healthy. I learnt it in one of the food blog. You can also fry the garlic in a pan which is faster. Or you can also use the microwave to fry the garlic.

2) Put your fish in a plate and sprinkle the roasted garlic and fresh garlic onto the fish. 

3) Mix the steam fish sauce with water and pour the mixture over the fish. You can omit the water if you want your sauce to be more salty. 

4) Put your fish in the steamer and steam for around 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your fish.

5) When it is done you can add in some cilantro or spring onion and you can serve this garlicy dish!




No comments:

Post a Comment