Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Spicy baked Cod Fish

Doesn't this look a bit like the BBQ stingray?! Well how I wish it is. Really miss the BBQ stingray and the La La or gong gong..... and so much more! Well since I can't have that, I will try another way to satisfy my craving. This recipe actually comes from Seasaltwithfood (http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/
2010/11/spiced-roasted-cauliflower-and-potatoes.html) Her recipe is used for cauliflower and potato. 

I am pretty bored with steaming cod  fish therefore I have decided to try this way for cooking this fish. I must say I really love it! Though not as shiok as the BBQ stingray but it did satisfy my craving for the spicy stingray. Next time I will buy banana leaves and place the fish on it and baked it. If I have a BBQ pit I think it will be even more wonderful to BBQ the fish inside the banana leaves.  

Ingredients:
1) Cod Fish (any fish like snapper or even stingray will be good too)
2) 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
3) 1 tsp Garam Masala
4) 2 tsp chilli powder
5) 2 tsp minced garlic 
6) 1 Tbsp minced ginger 
7) 2 tsp of minced onion
8) 1 tsp Sea Salt
9) ¼ Big Lime, juiced
10) 3 to 4 Tbsp Canola Oil
11) 2 Sprigs Fresh Curry Leaves (optional)
Directions:
1) Combine and mix all the seasonings well.
2) Spread a layer of the seasoning on the aluminum foil. Than place the cod fish on top. Spread the remaining of the seasoning on top of the fish.
3) Seal the foil and put it on a baking tray lined with foil. Place the tray in a preheated oven (around 200 degree C) for about 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment