Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stir Fry Sweet Potato Leaves with Fermented Bean Curd 蕃薯叶炒豆腐乳





This is another green vegetables which I love to eat. Miss my mama's way of cooking it with fermented bean curd. The vegetables which I can find in the supermarkets here are usually much larger in size than those which I eat in Singapore, which means that they are pretty "old" and usually not as tender. This is one of the few veggie which is actually smaller in size than those found in Singapore! But than, the stem (which I prefer to eat) is not as juicy as those in Singapore.  Searched the net for some nutritional facts about this veggie. They are pretty rich in many nutrients. This is what I have found : This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Niacin and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.
Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2946/2#ixzz1bztEpA6I

Sweet Potato Leaves
I have cooked it like my mum's way using fermented bean curd. I love fermented bean curd! Just add some sesame seed oil and a little sugar on the cubes and eat it with porridge is just yummy! Sometimes I will just ask my mum to serve the bean curd as one dish to eat with rice hehe! If you don't fancy the bean curd you can use lot's of garlic and chillis to stir fry it. Oh and samba chillis will be a great way to cook it too!

Ingredients:
This is my favourite brand of fermented bean curd. Full of flavour! I have recommended it to my colleagues and most of them loves it. 
1) Sweet potato leaves
2) 4 cubes of fermented bean curd 
3) 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
4) 2 slices of ginger
5) Shaoxing wine 3 tablespoon
6) Sugar 1 tablespoon (you can add or reduce according to your taste as some brands of bean curd are more salty)
7) Chicken stock or water
8) 1 chilli chopped 

Steps:
1) Smash the fermented bean curd in a bowl and add the shaoxing wine and sugar. Mix them well and make sure there are no lumps of the bean curd.
2) Heat some oil in the pan. Add in the garlic and chilli. Stir fry them till you smell the fragrance of the garlic.
3) Add in the fermented bean curd sauce and stir fry for a while. 
4) Than add in the sweet potato leaves and stir fry them till they are coated with the sauce.
5) If you like more sauce you can add in some chicken stock and water. Stir fry till the vegetables reduce in size and you can scoop them onto a plate and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment