Thursday, October 13, 2011

KimChi Stew


Since watching the korea drama 大长金,many people are curious about Korea cuisine. And I am one of them too! Love the different kim chi style side dishes they serve whenever you go to a Korean restaurant. Many years ago, I went for a guided tour in Korea and they serve mostly hot pot style and kim chi meals. Many of the tour mates were complaining about it, but I love it! 

I am pretty surprise to find a huge Korean supermarket call H Mart in downtown! Now I go there every weekend for my groceries shopping. The veggies, poultry, seafood are more fresh there. And during the weekend they have this corner selling different kinds of freshly made kimchi! Therefore, I always stock up some kimchi in my fridge. Another reason for shopping there is that there is a mini food court serving pretty authentic Korea food at a reasonable price. We will have our lunch there at times when we have a craving for Korea food. 

Since I always have Kimchi in my fridge, I am finding ways to make kimchi dishes. Kwan, a Singaporean friend whom I just met gave me Kimchi stew which she cooked. I love it at 1st taste! I immediately ask her for her recipe. She gave me this website http://aeriskitchen.com/2008/12/kimchi-soup-김치-찌개kimchi-jjigae/  for the recipe. It is a very simple dish and it taste very good! This website I have bookmarked it as there are plenty of Korean dishes recipes there too! Hehe I will experiment some soon! 

If you want to try this Kimchi stew, just check out this website. I follow closely to it except that I added some meat and prawns as well. I even recommend my neighbour to cook it as she loves the stew which I pass to her to try. And she did today! She used salmon instead of the tuna and she added chicken stock instead of plain water. It tasted yummy too! This is another addition of my favourite one pot meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment