Monday, August 29, 2011

Spiced Roasted Cauliflower


Every meal I try to cook a vegetable dish. Really running out of ways to come up with one. Came across this recipe in one of the food blogs (http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/2010/11/spiced-roasted-cauliflower-and-potatoes.html). It is really an interesting and simple dish. Most important of all I just need to use the oven don't have to wash any pots and pans and get the kitchen oily most suitable for lazy cook like me ;p. 

Cauliflower is another power vegetable. So it is good to eat more of this. If you are tired of eating broccoli, try cooking this dish. I did not follow every ingredient in the original recipe. I bought masala specially for this dish and I did not regret getting it as it really adds a really fragrant smell. I also prefer my cauliflower to be more burnt. If you do not like it this way you can reduce the cooking time. 

Ingredients:
1) 1 medium size cauliflower
2) 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
3) 1 tsp Garam Masala
4) 2 tsp Paprika or Cayenne Pepper
5) 2 tsp Garlic Paste
6) 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
7) 1 tsp Sea Salt
8) ¼ Big Lime, juiced
9) 3 to 4 Tbsp Canola Oil 
Steps:
1) Break up the cauliflower into chunky florets, about 1-½ inches (4 cm).

2) Combine all the marinate ingredients and mix well. Rub the cauliflower with the marinate mixture.

3) Preheat the oven to 425˚F/220˚C.

4) Place the vegetables on a large baking tray in a single layer. Bake the vegetables for about 10 minutes.

5) Heat the broiler. Place the vegetables under the broiler, about 6 minutes on each side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment