Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chinese Chives Fry Egg 韭菜煎蛋


I guess this is a very common dish in many families. But I don't remember my mum cooked this dish before. I love to eat chinese chive especially when it is used to make 韭菜糕. There is this very famous teow chew kueh stall at Tiong Bahru Market. They sell yummy teow chew kueh with thin skins. The pan fried ones are super delicious but a bit oily. They have this韭菜糕 which I will always ask my mum to buy for me.

I bought some chinese chives to cook the fermented black bean hor fun and there is still a lot left, therefore decided to try out this dish. It is very easy to cook this dish. You just need cut the chinese chives into smaller strips. Than beat 3 small eggs and add salt and pepper to taste. Heat some oil in the pan, add in the chives and stir fry for a while. Add in the beaten eggs and fry it till cooked. If you are like me prefer the eggs to be a little bit "burnt", you can fry the eggs for a longer time at a slightly higher heat.  A simple yet can keep me satisfied egg dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment