Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Japchae (Chap Chae)

Hello sorry for the delay in posting any recipe. I was away in Chicago for the past week. Nice city with fabulous city view. So far this is one of my favourite cities which I have been in US. The hotel which I stay happens to be in a very convenient spot. I can walk to almost any part of the places which I want to visit. And there is also a subway station nearby if I want to travel further. Miss all these accessibilities of a city! Had gone to UNO to eat Chicago famous deep dish pizza. Pretty filling cos of the thick crust. But nevertheless it taste good! 


Have eaten too much unhealthy food when I was in Chicago. Therefore decided to cook more vegetables this week.  I chance upon this recipe when I was looking for other ways to cook vegetables. It was posted on one of my favourite food blog Rasa Malaysia (http://rasamalaysia.com/japchae-chap-chae-recipe/). This is a Korean dish and looks simply healthy! I don't have all the ingredients which is listed in the recipe but I guess this dish is a good way to make use of my creativity to come up with something similar with the ingredients I have in my fridge. Anyway I am trying to get rid of the left over vegetables in my fridge, so this is the perfect recipe!





Ingredients:
1 1 bundle of glass noodles
2 100 to 150g of spinach
3 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 2 cloves garlic, minced
5 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
6 1 stalk celery, cut into thin strips
7 1 small carrot, cut into thin strips
8 1 stalk scallion, cut into 1-inch lengths
9 2 handful of bean sprouts
10 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
11 Salt to taste
12 1 heaping teaspoon toasted white sesame
Sauce:
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Method:
1 Cook the glass noodles in a large pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain the water and rinse the noodles under cold running water. Cut the noodles using a pair of scissors into about 6-inch lengths. Set aside.
2 Heat up the oil in a wok and add the garlic, onion, spinach, celery, and carrot and cook for about two minutes. Add the scallion and bean sprouts and stir-fry for another minute. Turn the heat to low and add the noodles into the wok, follow by the sesame oil, the Sauce, and salt to taste. Stir to combine well. Dish out, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and served at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment