Monday, April 2, 2012

Stir fry oyster mushroom and pork with miso

 I always have a small tub of miso in my fridge. Basically I use it to make miso soup. But what else can I use it to cook with? I have tried miso fish which turns out not bad. Than I happen to see a cooking show which uses miso to stir fry oyster mushrooms with chicken. It is a very easy dish. But I have used pork loin meat instead. I think you can also use other types of mushrooms which you like. 

This is the oyster mushrooms. I like it's crunchiness 

Ingredients:
1 1 packet of oyster mushrooms cut into chunks
2 100- 200 g Pork loin cut into strips
3 1 tablespoon of white miso 
4 1 tablespoon of sake (you can substitute with chinese cooking wine)
5 1 teaspoon of sugar
6 1 teaspoon of water
7 2 clove garlic minced

Steps:
1 Marinate the meat with some soya sauce, pepper, corn starch and cooking wine. 
2 Mix the seasonings in a bowl. Make sure there is no lumps of miso in the seasonings. Please feel free to change the amount of sugar as some brands of miso might be more salty than others.
3 Heat up some oil in the pan. Add in the garlic and stir fry till you can smell the fragrance of the garlic. 
4 Add in the pork loin and stir fry till half cook, than add in the mushrooms.
5 Add in the seasonings. If you find there's too little gravy, you can add some water. Stir fry for 5 minutes or till the meat is cooked and mushrooms are tender. 
6 You can add in some chopped spring onions when serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment