Sunday, August 26, 2012

Updated Version stir fry ladies finger (Okra) with belachan chili and Steam fish


I had a recipe for stir fry ladies finger in my previous post. After my friend ww saw that she told me another way which her mum will cook it. Her mum will pound the dried prawns with the chilli to form sort of a paste. I think it sounds good. This time I have added toasted belachan (I took a piece of belachan and toast it in the oven for a while) and pound it with dried prawns and chilies to cook it with the ladies finger. This version is of cos more yummy as the belachan adds so much fragrance to the dish. You can refer to the old version recipe on how to cook this dish. The difference is that I just added the pounded mixture to the pan to stir fry.

Besides having the ladies finger for dinner, I also steam a fish (Hong kong Style) for dinner too. It is pretty simple. Just steam the fish with ginger and scallions. Meanwhile I added 1 1/2 tablespoon of good soya sauce, some sugar, and 1tablespoon of water in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave till hot. When the fish is cooked, pour away the water accumulated in the plate, the scallions and ginger after steaming the fish. Add some ginger and scallions cut into thin strips onto the fish. Pour about 1 tablespoon of oil (I use shallot oil which I kept after frying the shallot) in a bowl and microwave till hot (be careful when doing this). Pour the hot oil onto the fish followed by the soya sauce mixture. And voila you can enjoy a great meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment