Thursday, July 19, 2012

Steam fish fillet rolls with prawn paste


This is a dish I came up with last minute. I had bought 2 flounder fillets but just cannot make up my mind on how to cook with it. Actually I thought the best way was to coat them with either flour or breadcrumbs and deep fry it. But I felt like eating a more healthy and less clean up of the kitchen version. I can just steam it the Hong Kong way with some soya sauce and ginger slices. But I don't think it will taste good for this type of fish.

Search my fridge and found some left over prawn paste which I bought some time ago. Better use them up before I forgot about it. That's how my version of this dish came about.  I combined the 2 ingredients with some vegetables for some crunch. It is another simple dish!

Ingredients:
1  2 Fish fillets cut into 15cm length
2  Prawn paste about 200g
3  2 Mushrooms soaked in water till soft and cut into thin strips
4  1/4 of a carrot cut into strips
5  1celery cut into strips
6  salt
7  pepper

Ingredients:
1 Season the fillets with some salt and pepper.
2 Smear some prawn paste onto the fillets. Do not put too much if not it will be difficult to roll it up later.
3 Add in the mushroom, carrot and celery at one tip of the fillet.
4 Slowly roll the fillet into a roll.
5 Steam it under high heat for about 10 minutes or until the fillets are cooked.


If you want you can make a sauce for this dish. Next time if I am making this dish again I probably will make a sauce with some soya sauce, sesame seed oil and beaten egg than add some corn starch to thicken it and drizzle on top of this dish.




No comments:

Post a Comment