Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pasta salad with roast chicken, asparagus and mushrooms


Thought that someone will be coming over for dinner, so bought extra things to cook a meal. In the end he can't make it and my hubby won't be home for dinner for the next few days and I am left with too much ingredients. Therefore I decided to come up with a simple one dish meal for 3 (for 3 : so that i can use up some of the things in the fridge) and the leftovers can be my lunch and my hubby's too the next day.

Salad should be a simple and healthy choice. Have been eating too much for the past few weeks during my vacations so would love something more healthy. But if I add only veggies, I don't think it is filling enough for my hubby as his lunch. Search my pantry for ideas and this new box of whole wheat pasta caught my attention. Ok shall come up with a pasta salad! So I will have my portion of veggie and my hubby will have his carbo.

The only veggie in my fridge which I think 勉强 can be used for salad is asparagus (initially wanted to cook sambal asparagus for my guest). And I shall grab my extra packet of mini portobello mushrooms to 加料. I think better finish my chicken breast in my freezer so I shall roast it. This is another attempt of me to come up with a salad with whatever ingredients I want to clear in my fridge ;p

Ingredients:

1) 2 small chicken breast with skin and bones intact
2) 1 box of mini portobello mushrooms cut into slices
3) 1 bunch of asparagus cut into chuncks
4) 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
5) Some Red onion slices
6) Mayo 3 tablespoon
7) Olive oil 2 tablespoon
8) Lemon juice of half a lemon
9) Black pepper
10)Salt to taste

Steps
1) Marinate it with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and roast chicken seasoning in a bottle(optional).  Than bake it in the preheated oven of around 200 degree C for around 30 to 40 minutes. Take the chicken out from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil until it is cool enough for you to cut it into chunks. I took off the skin for a healthier meal.
2) Add some olive oil, salt and black pepper to the asparagus. Mix well and spread the veggie evenly onto the baking tray. Than bake it in the preheated oven of around 200 degree C for around 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Melt some butter in a pan. Add in some garlic to stir fry a while. Than add in the mushrooms. Stir fry  it till the mushrooms starts to sweat. Add in some white wine and stir fry for another minute and you can scoop them into a plate.
4) Cook the pasta in boiling water with some salt and oil added into it. Refer to the instructions on the package on how long you need to cook the pasta. After the pasta is cooked, drain well.
5) Mix the mayo, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper well. If you prefer to have a thicker dressing can add more mayo. 
6)Add the chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, cilantro and pasta into a big bowl. Add in the dressing, mix well and you can enjoy your meal!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment