Monday, December 5, 2011

Prawn and Scallop Linguine


Maybe you have noticed by now I seldom cook western dishes at home. Staying in a western country now, you really don't feel like eating anymore western food at home. If we have craving for it , we can just go to any restaurants nearby. But than, whenever I watch cooking shows at food network it is really tempting to try cooking some of these dishes. In my recent post on okra and tomatoes stew, I mentioned it is Paula's recipe. In the same programme that day, this pasta dish makes me have a craving for pasta. The pasta sauce is so creamy and there is no heavy cream added! But she has added can soup and cheese. In the original recipe she has used crawfish. But it is not in season now and I don't want to buy a big packet of frozen crawfish that's why I have used prawns and some leftover scallops in my fridge. I have made some minor changes in the ingredients. I just use what I have at home. It turn out pretty good! In fact this is one of my most successful creamy pasta hehe.

Ingredients
1) 1 stick butter
2) 1/4 onion, chopped
3) 1 green bell pepper, chopped (I omitted this)
4) 1/2 cup diced celery
5) 3 cloves garlic, minced
6) 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
7) 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I omitted this)
8)  3/4 cups milk
9) 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup (I have used cream of chicken)
10) 115g processed cheese with jalapenos, cubed (I just use any shredded cheese I have at home)
11) 450g of prawns, shelled
12) 1/2 package fettuccini, cooked (I used linguine)
13) 200g scallops
14) 1/2 cup of white wine
15) Black pepper

Directions
1)In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. 
2) Add the flour and Cajun seasoning(if you are using) and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. 
3) Stir in the milk and white wine.cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly, 5 to 6 minutes. 
4) Add the soup and cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.  Add the prawns and scallops, and cook until warmed through. 
5) Pour the linguine in the sauce and mix well.  
6) You can add a dash of black pepper before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment