Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mui Fan (烩饭)

I seldom order Mui Fan when I eat at Cze Char stall. Cos I think we can easily cook this at home. I think it is an easy way to cook a one pot meal with whatever ingredients you can find at home. I did my version one day when I am so lazy to think of a 1 soup 2 dish meal for dinner. Open up my fridge and found some sea cucumber, frozen mix seafood and some vegetables. Just nice for a seafood mui fan! You can also use chicken or pork too.

Ingredients:
1  Prawns
2  Frozen seafood mix
3  Sea cucumber
4  Vegetables (any kind will do)
5   A clove of minced garlic
6   Oil
7   Salt
8  Pepper
9  Cooked Rice
10 1 beaten egg
11  Some Water or chicken stock
12 Corn starch mixture

Steps:
1  Heat up some oil in the pan. Saute the minced garlic.
2  Add in all the seafood and saute for a while.
3  Add in the vegetables. Stir fry for a while.
4  Add in the water or chicken stock.
5  When the water starts to boil add in the salt than corn starch mixture to thicken the stock.
6  Add in the beaten egg and turn off the fire. When the egg gets 3/4 cooked you can scoop the mixture onto the cooked rice.
7  If you like you an add in a dash of pepper before you serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment